4. Green tea
- 1 teaspoon green tea leaves
- 1 cup water
How to prepare
- Pour a cup of water into a saucepan and let it boil.
- Turn off the burner and let the water cool for about 3 minutes.
- Add the green tea leaves and leave to infuse for 3 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a cup.
Why does it work ?
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and a small amount of caffeine. Consuming it about an hour before exercising will give you energy and prevent you from feeling tired and hungry.
A study published in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine – Science in Sports found that green tea extract improves exercise performance and increases the use of body fat during a workout.